- The Types of Information We May Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We May Share the Information We Collect
- How We Protect and Safely Store the Information We Collect
- Third-Party Services and Content
- Your Choices and Rights
- How to Contact Us
The types of information we collect
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you as an individual. We may automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with our Online Services. [We may also collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content.]
Information you provide to us
Generally, you can use our Online Services without providing us with any personal information. We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels; when you register an account with us and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. The information you provide may include your name, contact information, title, and other personal information about you. [Some of our Online Services may require that you enter a password or other information in order to access certain features, and we collect such credentials when you enter them.]
Information we may collect automatically through cookies and similar technologies
Information we may collect from third party sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyse our records; or prevent or detect fraud. Please note that the information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the transferor.
Precise location information
[When you access the Online Services via a mobile device, we may collect precis location information if you permit the Online Services to access suc information. We use this information to provide you with content based on you location.]
How we use the information we collect
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To provide you with our products and services and other services that you request;
- To operate and improve the Online Services;
- To send you marketing communications, and other information or materials that may be of interest you or which you have expressed an interest in receiving;
- To maintain our list of contacts;
- To understand how people use our Online Services, including by generating and analysing statistics;
- For KYC-Chain’s business purposes, including data analysis; invoicing, detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
- To assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns and publications; and
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protect your, our, or others’ rights.
- We may aggregate personal and other data captured through our Onlin Services so that the data is no longer capable of identifying an individual Aggregated data may cover patterns of usage relating to our Online Service and KYC-Chain reserves the right to use this aggregated information for th purposes of improving and enhancing our Online Services, [selling aggregate data to third parties], generating and commercialising insights an otherwise for the purposes of our business.
How we may share the information we collect
We may also disclose information we collect:
- To third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, analytics providers and information technology providers.
- To law enforcement, other government authorities, or third parties (within or outside the jurisdiction in which you reside) as may be permitted or required by the laws of any jurisdiction that may apply to us; as provided for under contract; or as we deem reasonably necessary to provide legal services. In these circumstances, we take reasonable efforts to notify you before we disclose information that may reasonably identify you or your organisation, unless prior notice is prohibited by applicable law or is not possible or reasonable in the circumstances.
- To service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
- Employees of KYC-Chain may be given access to any information which we collect via our Online Services, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing. Our employees are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable you to use the Online Services or to deal with requests which you submit to us.
Grounds for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a contract – We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract that you have with us. For example, when you use our Online Services we will use your personal information to respond to your requests and provide you with such services.
- Consent. To withdraw your consent to such use, you can contact us via our Contact Us page, or you may be able to disable the sharing of location information in your browser or mobile application settings. Where required by applicable laws, we will rely on your consent for direct marketing and to collect information from your device or computer.
Third-party services and content
Protection and storage of the information we collect
We deploy administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to complywith applicable legal requirements and safeguard the information that wecollect. This includes, when required or appropriate and feasible, obtainingwritten assurances from third parties that may access your data that they willprotect the data with safeguards designed to provide a level of protectionequivalent to that adopted by KYC-Chain. However, no information system can be
100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit tous over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wirelessnetworks. The Online Services are controlled and operated by KYC-Chain from Hong
Kong. We may store the information we collect in Ireland (where our hosting islocated) or in other countries where we or our service providers havefacilities. We may transfer information to countries outside of your country ofresidence which may have data protection laws and regulations that differ fromthose in your country. We retain the information we collect for no longer thanis reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect theinformation and to comply with our legal obligations.
Your choices and rights
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate or out of date. You can also ask us to see what personal information we hold about you, to erase your personal information and you may tell us if you object to our use of your personal information. In some jurisdictions, you may have a right to complain to your local data protection authority. If you would like to discuss or exercise the rights you may have, send us an email via our Contact Us page. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know by sending us an email via our Contact Us page. The electronic marketing communications we send you also contain opt-out mechanisms that allow you to opt-out from receiving those communications at any time. We will honour your choice and refrain from sending you such announcements. You may also opt back in to receive those communications at any time.
Children Under Thirteen
KYC-Chain is not directed to children under the age of thirteen, and KYC-Chain will never knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use our Online Services.
We welcome your enquiries and comments. If you would like to contact us please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Contact Us page.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Web Browser Cookies
A web browser cookie is a small text file that is sent by a website to yourcomputer or mobile device where it is stored by your web browser. Web browsercookies may store information such as your IP address or other identifier, yourbrowser type, and information about the content you view and interact with onthe Online Services. By storing such information, web browser cookies canremember your preferences and settings for online services and analyse how youuse online services. Tracking Technologies: Web Beacons/Gifs, Pixels, Page Tags,
Script Emails and mobile apps may contain a small transparent image files orlines of code to record how you interact with them. This information is used tohelp website and app publishers better analyse and improve their services.
Your choices: managing cookies and opting out
You can choose how web browser cookies are handled by your device via yourbrowser settings, including refusing or deleting all cookies. Some devices allowyou to control this via your device settings. If you choose not to receivecookies at any time, the website may not function properly and certain serviceswill not be provided. Each browser and device is different, so check thesettings menu of the browser or device you are using to learn how to change youradvertising settings and cookie preferences.